Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bay to Breakers By The Numbers

Final time 1 hour 10 minutes and 7 seconds

Pace 9 minutes and 24 seconds

Finished in 2710th place

Finish in 672th place for my gender and age group

Number of people who understood my costume - 17

Number people who understood my costume who where under the age of 12 and Asian - 17

Number of people who asked if I was the Dalai Lama - 50

Incline of the evil Hayes Street hill - 35%

Length of the evil Hayes street hill - 1 mile

Number of times I swore running up the Hayes Street hill - Countless

Number of naked people I saw - 8

Number of Superheroes - 20

Number of Star trek Costumes - 25

Number of people dressed in 70s athletic wear complete with striped socks and headbands - Too many to keep track of
Number of Sexy Pirates - Too many to keep track of

Number of Salmon (people who run the course from finish to start - 10

Number of people in metallic bodysuits - 5

Best outfits - Three Lesbians dressed as waterfowl with a sign that said "Dyke Dyke Goose!)

Temperature of the Pacific as I jumped in after running - 45 degrees

Distance from the end of the race to the FootStock post-race party where I would pick up my commemorative t-shirt - a zillion blocks

Number future costumes I was thinking of - 5

- The Dalai Lama
- Penelope Pitstop
- A sushi chef
- The cover of the Go-Go's first album
- Maria Von Trapp

Pictures to come!

1 comment:

Stef said...

Congratulations!!!! And I can't wait to see the pictures of you in your costume. :-)