Saturday, November 22, 2008

Quick Check-In

Hello my blog friends,

Sorry I've been out of touch. My parents have been visiting this week and it's been a very busy time overall recently. There have been some ups and downs, lifestyle-wise, that are all pointing to me really needing to work a little harder -- and as my motivating co-blogger reminds me, better set myself up for success -- once the parental visit is over tomorrow.

The good news is I've been walking a lot (in these freezing temps) and I finally have made my inaugural visit to my new gym. I've also had some very real (and painful) reminders that stress is my number #1 enemy, and I have some ideas to start working on that, too.

The bad news, frustratingly reflected on the scale, is that whatever good I'm doing isn't resulting in any weight loss. I think that as I'm enjoying more cooking adventures and working better and better quality and diversity of food into my life, I have to be more mindful of portions and overall intake. But when the food is so good it's hard to just eat a tiny bit of it!

So I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know that I haven't disappeared, it's just that the "life" part of the "lifestyle" has kept me from having enough time to sit down at the blog. I promise I'll be back soon!

Take care,
Stef

1 comment:

DC Food Blog said...

GAWD. I agree portion control was killer starting out. The constant thinking in measuring blows. But after a while you internalize. For your diet, are there things aren't restricted? My nutritionist said that I could eat non root vegetable veggies with abandon. Salad? Have a mixing bowl size portion. Broccolini? Fill the platter. Roasted carrots? Party in my mouth! How are you doing on snacking? What's saved me in the first few weeks was making sure I ate my snack. The sustainable part of this whole thing is finding the sweet spot of feeling hungry when you need to eating but not crazy ass starving. If you can make sure you do eat between meals, that makes the portioning easier because you want less food at a meal. It is hard to snack when you work in an office, but if you can pull it off, it's worth it.